Thursday, February 18, 2010

Confession Time: Toby Keith's Fault

Someone has been listening to Toby Keith's song "I Want to Talk About Me" a little too much recently. A Milwaukee man reportedly told his cellmate that he was actually the one that killed the twenty one women dating from the early eighties to the mid nineties. The ironic part of the story is that the man was not in prison for these murders, he was in jail for beating his girlfriend severely.

This man went into great detail of how, and why, he killed these twenty one innocent women. It wasn't an act of "violence", it was an act of "free will," according to the alleged murderer. Whatever the case, the man will be going away for a long time.

I just can't help but wonder what it was that was going through his mind when he decided to tell his cellmate about these murders. It's common knowledge that if you are able to rat someone else out, your sentence is reduced. Reporters are speculating that he wanted to gloat or take credit for what he had done. Personally, I have another theory.

I believe that he was sitting in his small cell listening to the radio play. All of the sudden a Toby Keith song came on and this man's ears perked up. Perhaps he was a fan of Toby? I believe he began to sing along with the radio. When he got to the chorus, something inside of him snapped.I would bet his cellmate is the type who always go on talking about himself and never shut up. After hearing the song, the alleged murderer just wanted to talk about himself for a change.

Honestly, if you heard this:

I wanna talk about me
Wanna talk about I
Wanna talk about number one
Oh my me my
What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see
I like talking about you you you you, usually, but occasionally
I wanna talk about me
I wanna talk about me


Wouldn't you want to start talking about your life? Obviously, the blame for this man's confession lays on Toby Keith's shoulders. You shouldn't write a song about talking about yourself when you know that there are a few million people in jail with a ton of things to confess.

Shame on you Toby.

No comments:

Post a Comment