Friday, February 12, 2010

Hey Mr. Georgia Man

Approximately 3/4 of Americans over the age of six carry a cell phone. This is bad news for fun-loving kidnappers. The government and police are able to track your cell phone and pinpoint you within 150 feet. That means when some nice stranger with candy accidently throws you into the backseat of his van and drives away, all you have to do is hit one button to alert police where you are. Now, after a few hours of no response, it would be best to hit a button again. Of course, with all good things comes people who have lives and love to argue.

"It's a lack of privacy. I can't go out of my house without someone knowing where I am." a man in Georgia proclaimed. That is not the case. All Mr. Georgia Man would have to do is leave his cell phone at home. That would solve all problems, right? Wrong! If Mr. Georgia Man would get kidnapped he would have no way of alerting police of his whereabouts. You either have to suck it up and take it like a man and accept the fact that people from Verizon, AT@T, and T-Mobile will know where you are at all times, or leave your cell phone at home and face the dangers of being abducted and molested. By all means, do what you feel is right.

Not that I like giving my opinion on anything, but I believe all of this is a good thing. Sure, there is the whole "this is a violation of the fourth amendment" speech happening, but really, who cares? Do the amendments mean anything, anymore? Exactly. All I'm saying is that next time I walk outside, I'm going to flash my cell phone so predators kidnap the kid next to me who has no cell phone.

1 comment: