Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tara-Rist

My tears won't stop falling. My heart won't start breaking. My mouth won't stop singing Proud to be an American. My vision of America won't stop crumbling.

All because American made chocolate is being produced for foreign countries. Recently, a pushy teacher of mine tried to force a piece of this terroristic chocolate down my throat. She simply did not understand why I would refuse to eat it.

Unless it's made IN American FOR Americans, I won't touch it.

He said I was in my early forties
with a lot of chocolate before me
when a moment came that stopped me on a dime
and I spent most of the next days
looking at the candies
Talking bout the options and
talking bout sweet times
I asked him when it sank in
that this might really be the real end (of American chocolate)
how's it hit you when you get that kinda news
man what'd you do

he said I went down to Hershey
I went Rocky Mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named FuManchu
and I loved deeper
and I spoke sweeter
and I gave forgiveness I'd been denying
and he said someday I hope you get the chance
to live like you were eating the last piece of American chocolate

7 comments:

  1. Your humour never fails to amuse me. This is simple yet amazing. I really do believe you could have a future in comedic writing if you truly wanted to. Your blog is one of the few highlights of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HELPED COMPOSE THIS MASTERPIECE, YOU'RE WELCOME. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not have composed this masterpiece without the help of my beloved bestie, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that sure-footed horse...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure-footed horse did take me to wal-mart to buy Toby Keith's greatest hits cd!

    ReplyDelete