Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Old School vs New Skewl

On those rare days that I skip school (once every two-three months), and I'm not doing anything important through the day, I just stay home and watch all the old TV shows that play through the morning hours. My favorite one is Little House on the Prairie. It's not the greatest show in the entire world, but I find it interesing.

After Little House, I switch it over to Little Bear. Following that, I tune in to watch Franklin, and on some days I get lucky enough to catch Rugrats.

But as soon as nine o'clock hits, my morning is ruined. Nick then begins playing their new cartoon shows that I have never heard of or seen. These new shows aren't even entertaining. They make me hate my life. I get severely depressed and turn to the bottle....of Pepsi beside me to get me through the day.

It's reasons like this that I don't skip school. My great morning only lasts two hours, then it abruptly ends. Even though I know it is coming, I still can't help but shed a few tears. I often find myself pressing play on my CD player and listening to "I Love This Bar" float through my room. It's the only thing that makes my days off from school worth it.

The day always ends like this:

"Tara, your sure-footed horse needs a walk under the moonlit sky."

6 comments:

  1. a. Why would you be up at 9 am when you skip school?
    b. Little House on the Prairie blows
    c. I sing "I Love This Bar" even when I'm not depressed. It's true dedication to Toby.
    d. You have to make sure that your sure-footed horse gets its daily walk under that moonlit sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't agree with any of that other than the Toby part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate little house on the praire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Val. Like your opinion matters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy old television shows but rarely am able to watch them. One thing I do do everyday though is DVR Walker, Texas Ranger.

    Keep up your love for old television shows, who knows where it might get you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right. One day I may be on a game show and mu love for old tv shows may come in handy!

    ReplyDelete